Sunday, December 18, 2011

A lot has been going on

Let me go back a bit;

A couple of weekends ago me and Brian went up to Fort Worth to visit his family. This time I met everyone. It was basically the families get together for Christmas up in Goree Texas. You know where that is? Because I cant begin to tell you. Its a little town in the middle of nowhere and its a ghost town. It use to be a town full of people because of the oil mills well when the place ran out of oil it also ran out of people. Its kind of scary some of the houses it really just looks like the people just go up and left. For groceries my boyfriends grandpa has to drive up to 100 miles to the nearest store. It was fun meeting new people though we also played white elephant. I have never played before but it was a lot of fun. A kid ended up with a machete... Yeah you heard me right.

That happened on a Saturday now time for Sunday. On Sunday we went to go see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. They were AMAZING. I don't know what was better the music or the lights. Every singer was brilliant. It was a great concert and I would definitely go again. Brian is such a music geek I swear he thought he was in heaven. The funny thing is I thought I was going to hate the the concert but I turned out loving it.
This Picture showed the lights and how close we were:)

He was just a tad excited!


Now the sad part.
My Grandpa died.
This was my moms dad I haven't mentioned him before. He was 90 years old and was in very bad condition. For the longest time I felt like it hasn't hit me yet, the sadness. I also thought it never would just because I really wasn't that close to him. It hit me at the funeral. I balled like a baby I couldn't even go up to the casket to see him. This was the first funeral I have ever been to so it was weird to see him laying there in real life. I kept expecting him to move but then I just realized it was just the shell of his body. I always thought that if your a Christian you shouldn't be afraid to die. I still do , but when death is in your face its hard. I'm happy for my grandpa he's free. He can walk, run and drink water again. My grandpa might not have been a very religious man his whole life but he died a saved man.


Please pray for my family, my mom is taking this really hard.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for the loss of your Grandpa, it's never easy losing someone you love. I have now lost both of my parents, as well as all of my Grandparents, and several other relatives too. But we can have hope that one day we will see them again when we are in the presence of God. I hope you have a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following blogs and found yours on a question someone posted and found your blog enjoyable to read :) I live in texas and yes a lot of country towns further out are like that - it's like you entered into a different time lol - but yeah anyway sorry for your loss - losing somenone is never easy and your family is in my prayers. You can check out my newly started blog and post comments if you like as well. l8tr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just started following this blog too and love the read. I was born in Amarillo Texas; however I live in Concord California now. Sorry for your lost. With time, things will get better. I'm a christian too and I'm also afraid of dieing and think a lot of other Christians are too, its not any easy issue to except. But we stay thankful for the time we still have on this earth and keep it moving. Check out my personal blog when you get a chance.
    "TeeTee"

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy to hear your input :)