Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Judging

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;        
John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”        
James 4:11-12
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor

and the list goes on it talks about judging people so many times in the Bible.

    I want to try so hard not to judge but I feel that as soon as I walk into my house at home that's all I hear. My parents are horrible and I honestly think that's why there is nothing but negative feelings in this household. A girl on TV has a tattoo immediately shes a skank. My mom cant stand gay people like she'll go into to this anger fit if a movie has gay people in it. Yeah I know being gay isnt looked at highly in the Bible but your still judging and its bringing negative feelings into your heart. Personally I see it as let that person have their lifestyle. Yeah it might be wrong but I'm not going to go on a crazy rant everytime I see lesbians. Let them be happy their lifestyle isnt effecting you at all. She said "but it will make you think its right" yeah let me just go run out and get a girlfriend real quick. It drives me nuts. Politics, different races, ect my parents are so judgmental.
I know I judge people but I want to try to stop. You dont know why that person does the things they do or is the way they are. Just like the saying "you cant tell a book by its cover". I'm just sick of so much negativity in my life. I just want peace.

2 comments:

  1. Nice writing! I'm not very much into bible or having faith in it but I agree, that judgement creates just negativity and makes everybody beel bad, also the ones who like to judge a lot and especially themselves !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we were just studying this last Sunday in church, Christians are called to judge and warn others that are in the church, but judging nonbelievers is God's job. This is not to say that we shouldn't witness to them, because only knowing God will really change them, we can't do it. Here's 1:Cor5 9-13: I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.
    12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”[d]

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy to hear your input :)