Monday, January 9, 2012

My Christian side is back!

I'm going to sound horrible for a minute just bare with me. So lately I haven't been feeling at all like a Christian. It hasn't been lately its been for a while. Like at least a couple of months. I don't pray, I don't listen to Christian music anymore and I just stopped trying to have a relationship with him. Which isn't like me at all. I knew something was up because if someone even prayed around me I just felt like walking away. I don't know if I didn't want to be around it just because I felt so insecure in my relationship with Him or what. Its gotten pretty bad and I cant stand it. I know the issue apparently but just didn't know how to deal with it, I just couldn't feel Him there anymore...
What I don't want to happen is, this is hard to explain but I'm going to try. You know how when you feel like you've hit rock bottom well you reach out to Him for help and you make him your everything because your in dyer need for rescue. Well I don't want to forget about Him just because I'm happy in every aspect of my life. I want to balance having Him there and a good relationship with him while I'm happy and not just when I'm struggling.

Okay now it gets better.
Yesterday (Sunday) I was still in San Antonio from my brothers party and we stayed with my grandma. Well my grandmas one of those people that when you leave her house you feel like you've left church camp. Well she invited us to go to church with her. I almost said no but I knew how important it would be to her so I agree. Man I'm so glad I agreed now. I heard so much stuff that I needed to here. The pastor preached basically the sermon to get people into having a relation with God and I guess I just needed to hear it again. It was amazing. I cried, which I haven't been able to do in a while because I haven't felt anything in church for a while. I feel great. Like I had a huge wall built up around me and it finally got broken down.
I'm so glad I went to my grandmas church I needed that awakening.

6 comments:

  1. Hey there missy,

    I'm completely understand where you were coming from because I'm actually dealing with that now. And I'm finding it hard to get back to where I use to be and I don't want to slip so far away that it takes even longer to get my relationship right with God again. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never stopped going to church it just took me going somewhere new (grandmas church lol) to open my eyes. So maybe get out of your old routine also make the effort to listen and want your relationshipe back. He'll find away to bring you back :) Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, glad you got your faith back. I'm not a religious person, but I guess if it makes you happy or hopeful or whatever then good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Aimee! I change for the worse when I'm not so its a huge deal to me :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy to hear your input :)