Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reverence.

we bow down

I attended church today like I do every week. Church has kind of changed for me lately instead of just being one of the kids in the crowd. Im the person making sure everyone is being respectful. I go to Grace Christian Center and one great thing that my church offers is we have a place for everyone. A nursery for the babies and classroom for every age until four years old. Then we have kids action studio thats where kids go until they are in sixth grade and start middle school. After that we have GCCrew thats where the kids go until the are adults then of course main service. Well Ive gone to this chuch since ive been in kids action studio. I served at gccrew in the music ministry. Now that I'm an adult Im an adult leader.Im really struggling with it too. I am a very strong devoute christian and it really gets to me when i see the kids textingor messing around when its worship time. It got so bad tonight that that the pastor stopped in the middle of praise of worship to explain to everyone what reverence was. Its all about respect. GCCrew is great for teenagers the building has a place to eat with good food, indoor basketball courts, a room full of video games and computers, and pool tables. Its a great place to hang out but thats the problem the teens go there to hang out not to go to church. That fact breaks my heart. When i see the kids messing around flirting, joking not taking anything serious at all at the altar. It actually makes me mad because I know they are missing out, but at the same time they are being a huge distractions to the people around them that are actually getting something out of the message or music. Today the sermon was about spiritual maturity. Basically going to church to grow to be like Christ not just go to see their friends. I enjoyed church tonight it just breaks my heart to know some of the teens go for all the wrong reasons. We have so much to be grateful for and all he wants in return is for us to lift up are hands and praise him.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember they are there...they could be other places. Keeping them in the Church is important they need to be surrounded by Christians who will set the example for them.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy to hear your input :)