Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Amazing Weekend in Fort Worth


The last blog I talked about the trip going to Fort Worth on Friday. Now let me tell you how the whole weekend went :)
Friday evening me Brian and his mom went to meet up with his sister and her family. We were going to eat at a BBQ restaurant but they were all out of potatoes and that's all his sister was going to eat so instead we went to the Mexican Inn next door. The food was not good at all it was as American as Mexican food could possibly get and there were only 10 items to choose from. Other than that his sister was really nice and her husband and son. Kind of quirky but all together good people. After we finished eating Brian had purchased tickets to go to a comedy club for 10:00. It was called Four Day Weekend, and its basically just improv.



The show was really good it was funny but by the end of it I could of KILLED my boyfriend! Me and his mom made it very clear that we did not want to go on stage. He knew a trick that had to do with the lights. Basically don't sit where a spotlight was on the area. We sat down and we were enjoying ourselves, I saw a light pointed my way but I though he wouldn't do that to me. Well guess who was the first one to get called on stage. This GIRL. I was shaking and so nervous the scene was basically we were doing and episode of cops. I had to pretend like I was on a ride along and then we had to get out and run and all sorts of crazy things. It was funny because he asked who i was there with and I said my boyfriend. Then he asked what he did (for a living) and I was like "uhhhh......... something complicated" then the guy went on rambling how that's the second question you ask someone when trying to get to know someone. He was just making fun of me. So then he calls into the audience and asked my boyfriend what he did and my boyfriend told him his title. Then the guy looks at me and says " that is freaking complicated". Haha you have to remember it was in front of a large group of people. After I got off stage I really enjoyed the rest of the show it had me laughing the whole time.


                                         

                                         
On Saturday, We went to the Texas state fair! It was a lot of fun. 

It was huge there was just so much to do and look at. This is the fair that comes up with something new to fry every year. YUCK. This years was fried salsa. It looked very weird like a read ball that you dipped in cheese. That's just plain wrong but we did try fried watermelon!


That has to have been the nastiest thing I have ever eaten. Its mushy and you couldn't even taste the watermelon at all. Like I said this place was huge they had shows we saw a dog show and a bird show. The bird show was my favorite they had a lot of unique birds that I have never even heard of before. They called people from the audience to help it was just really cool to see. The state fair had its own huge carnival there and a whole bunch games. The vendors were cool too even though i expected a lot more. There was more food places than anything. Anything you could possibly think of they had fried, pickles, beer, peach cobbler, smores everything. I cant even imagine how they fried some of the stuff.

My favorite part was when we went on this huge skyline over the entire area.



You can see what the cart looked liked how how far up we were.

Another view about how big this place was. What your seeing doesn't even show the crowded area.
Some other cool thing we saw were:

This guy played up to 12 instruments at once he put on a very good show.
I found this interesting because this was completely made out of butter! The little boy had a whole cow behind him and they were about to walk through a gate. That's a lot of butter.
The Ferris wheel had to be my favorite part. I have never seen one this big before. It was huge. I wish we had a chance to go on but the line was about a three hour wait.

Then this guy was named Big Tex and he's wearing the biggest pair of Dickie's ever made.  
I had a great time at the fair. After we went back to his parents and his daddy made us some steaks. They were delicious and for desert his mom made a lemon ice box pie. That was the best pie I have ever tasted in my life. Maybe one day she Will give me her recipe.

Sunday we went to the church he grew up in and it was massive. During worship I felt like I was at a concert. I really enjoyed it and afterwards we went to this thing called Traders Village and its basically a giant flea market. We were there for a couple of hours and we probably didn't even get through 1/3 of it. Just to walk through everything was a good amount of miles. They sold everything you could possibly think of and all the prices you were suppose to bargain for. I bought 3 pineapples for 5 dollars, and you know those are expensive in the stores! I mean everything though I saw snakes and animals, portraits, furniture things for your car. Everything and all good prices. Then we left and started to head back home. Vacation time was over but we had such a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy to hear your input :)