Sunday, October 30, 2011

My minor issue.

I love my boyfriend don't misunderstand me. We've been dating a long time and I'm happy. This post is going to make me come off rude and stuck up but what I write is normally stuff I'll think but never say or act on. One thing I love about my relationship is that the honey mood always comes back. You know some relationships where of course its the honey moon stage in the beginning but then it just dies and then not to far after so does the relationship. Well the honeymoon stage for us has never died, if we ever get into a bad fight whenever we make up we are back to being completely in love with each other. That's not my issue. There is this book called The Five Love Languages. Its a great book for marriage, relationships everything. Its basically everyone has a love tank but how we get our love tank full is different for everyone. For instance the five love languages are how you receive love they are gifts, touch, act of service, words of affirmation, and quality time. Here's where I look bad haha my love language is words of affirmation. I'm a neeeeeeedy little thing when it comes to being told I love you or I'm beautiful. Its how I know he loves me. He can do all this stuff for me but it wont mean as much as him saying you look great today baby.Well I realized that we were raised in very different homes I come from a very affectionate family that we say I love you when we are about to get off the phone and  him and his family are the complete opposite so its kind of hard to get him to be affectionate with words. With my relationships in high school I felt special whoever I was dating always told my how beautiful I was and basically made it known how happy they were to be with me. My boyfriend now I actually fell like I'm not special at all that he could just be as happy with any other girl. I use to feel like I was something to brag about or be proud of now not even close. While I've beenin this relationship I have noticed that my self esteem has gone down a lot. I start to think well I guess I'm not as pretty because yeah I have gained a few pounds so maybe that's it, but really its just because I don't get any verbal feedback from him. I don't want you to think he's some horrible rude guy. He's great he does a lot for me and stuff but like I said he doesn't fulfill the way that I perceive love, and I have talked to him about it you know just remind me how you feel about me about us anything make it up do something but just nothing. I just want to feel like I'm worth something to him not just be expected to know what he thinks and feels all the time.








3 comments:

  1. Relationships can be really hard, but don't quit on it too soon. you never now how things can turn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have soo been there and am now at times. i agree with you my husband is a wonderful guy, but i think as women we all go through these emotions. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies :)
    I really am happy but your right Nelly!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy to hear your input :)